Thursday, March 10, 2011

The more I experience...

... the more I know God. His character is flawless & He is who He says He is.

As most of you know, I have been following Jesus Christ for a little over a year now. In the beginning of my walk, I spent hours upon hours asking the LORD for one thing. That one thing is still my hearts cry "I WANT TO KNOW YOU". When I started asking Him for this knowledge of who He is, He immediately answered me. Every moment of every day He revealed Himself in a new way. He emphasized that HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS. Whoa! It is a truth that only grows.

Knowing God means becoming less. In Proverbs we are told that "Humility is the fear of the LORD" (22:4). When we know Him, we fear Him. When we know Him, we become less. He is MIGHTY & HOLY. The more I learn about Him, the more humbled I am; the more I want to please Him. YHWH is worthy of all praise. He is.

Lately, I have been dealing with different things. Struggles of the mind and flesh have crawled in without invitation. Although I have not acted on any of these struggles, I felt as though I had wronged God. This is not so. If anything, God was being magnified in my life. The more that I struggle, the more my need for God is obvious. He is magnified.

"He must become greater, I must become less" (John 3:30). As He is magnified and seen for who He really is, the more I recognize my need for Him. I am so weak on my own. The beautiful thing is, I am not on my own. GOD IS MY STRENGTH!!! He is with me.. Forever & Ever. Yes!!!

ENCOURAGED: Let's embrace our times of weakness... and allow God to be magnified! Sing praise to Him through the weakness!! HE IS STRONG :) HE IS STRONG!!! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment