Sunday, June 5, 2011

.....

Being in Thomasville is really interesting. Everything is different. The day after I arrived here, I went straight into a Disciple Now kind of week with the youth. Around twenty girls came and I was their leader. The week was called “Refresh”. Basically, some of the youth get together and are taught under the authority of the church. The area of study this time was the New Testament. The first message was on the gospels; the second was on the early church (Acts); the third was on the Letters; the fourth was on repentance; the fifth was on Revelation. I was asked to speak for the third and fifth session; it was the first time that I ever spoke. Each lesson had two leaders that sort of tag-teamed the message. It was really neat.

Brett & I spoke on the Letters. Being able to work together was awesome. Just realizing that we needed each other was really beneficial. Having someone with me, who had different knowledge than I had, made everything a lot easier.

The second time I spoke was with Matthew. He is a great friend. I was glad to be able to partner with him. To be honest, he did not need me at all. He is studying to be a pastor, so he went all out in pastor mode. I was just there to read scripture and share my heart with the students.

Both of the lessons that I was supposed to speak on were given to me last minute. It was a little hard trying to pull together information and get things ready when I was also required to stay up with the twenty girls. A few of them wanted one-on-one time with me, and I knew that was more important than preparing for a lesson that Holy Spirit could speak through me, regardless of how much I studied.

Also, just getting back in the country made things a little difficult. I had only been in America two full days when I had arrived in Thomasville. So, my sleep was way off. On top of that, the girls wanted to stay up individually talking and praying with me. It was genuinely my pleasure to be with the girls and to help them as best as possible.

My desire in every relationship is to bless the one’s that surround me. So, I always want to give my all. I want to treat relationships with equality, loving everyone the same. It was hard when I was so exhausted and unable to fully communicate the love of God to the girls. The later it got, the less I had to give. All I wanted was God to speak through me and love them, because I was finding it so difficult to stay awake. I know that God did things through me that I am unaware of, and for that I am thankful.

Refresh ended early Friday morning. After Matthew & I spoke on Revelation, we all headed back to the church and packed up. Rob, the youth minister, had to go out of town. So, I was in charge of waiting for all of the students to leave (because an adult had to be with them). Around 12:30, they all left. I followed shortly after. Once I got back to my [host] home, I fell asleep. From a little after one until six o’clock, I was passed out. It was a nice nap.

After that. I talked to my little brother for a while (he was so sweet & texted me today). Then, we had dinner around eight. Brandi & Michael made yummy fajitas. After dinner, we started to watch “Tangled” as a family. Michael was really tired and fell asleep and Brandi went to get ready for bed. I decided to go to my room as well. It is around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and I am thinking sleep in is the schedule soon.

A big part of me misses being back on campus. That is the truth. I do not miss being there because I am not enjoying myself here. That is far from the truth. I really just miss my friends, or I miss having friends.

Being in Thomasville is nice, because I know that a lot of girls are able to draw from me. Being in Thomasville is also hard, because I feel like I have no one to draw from.

Sometimes, I just need someone to pray over me. Every now and then, I want to hear an encouraging word from a friend. A big part of me misses friendship. It is nice to have friends close who just want to love you. I keep praying that God will provide friends and remind me of the friendships that He wants me to keep. It seems like I would have to travel many hours to be with a best friend. This time that seems hard for me is really a great thing. God is showing me more of His character and revealing to me the truth that He is my best friend. I feel bad that He has to re-teach me all that He taught me last summer, but I am grateful that He is patient and faithful to me.

Worship is good. Just being able to always thank the Father is such a joy. I am drawing so much closer to God than I could have anticipated. He is peace and my security. He is my hope and my true love.

There is always something to learn. In every situation that you are in, God is willing to teach you something. Christians and non-Christians alike are used by God to teach God’s children. I am thankful that God is not in a box, and that He is willing to speak to us in all things. He is my encouragement.

If any of you think of me, please pray that I will recognize God’s hand in all that I do. Pray that His love will be my motivation in everything, that the friendships I used to have would be restored, that I would worship God in spirit and in truth, and that He would bring spiritual authority into my life. I desire to be taught under godly men & women. We all need spiritual authority.

I love you all & am thankful that you follow my blog.

It is my prayer that God will draw you all closer to His heart, that He will open doors for you to present the gospel, that you will follow Him closely and let go of all that hinders you in order to know Him better. May the peace of God be with you all.

Chynna


Friday, June 3rd

God, do you know how I long for You? Of course You do. You know my every thought. When my mind turns to You, its wonderings are before You. Nothing is hidden from Your sight. Father, I ask for boldness to spread Your word in all things. May my life be an offering that pleases You? For You have not withheld any blessings from me. Your love for me is amazing; it is strong and firm. There is nothing that can separate me from Your love. My own thoughts are not strong enough, for they constantly turn to You. This summer, I need You. Last summer was absolutely amazing- And so will this one be. It is You that I choose to cling to. While You are near to me, I will draw near to You. You are all I need. I love You.


When we stay in a place of worship we are walking in spirit and in truth. Viewing every opportunity as a chance to bring God praise is crucial for someone claiming to live as Jesus lived. He was always aware of His Fathers heart. This would only be possible if He was constantly focused on Him. Jesus’ heart was pure, so He saw God (blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God- Matthew 5). Just think if your number one priority was to thank God for all that He does for you, would your life look different? Yes, it would. Your mind would be on His grace instead of whatever other selfish desires fill your heart. You would see everything different. It would no longer be possible to become impatient if your mind was on God because you would be reminded of how patient He is with you; you would no longer be able to complain, because thanksgiving would overrule all other thoughts that come from your flesh.
Is it a challenge? Is God’s grace always remembered? Are you constantly thanking God for everything He has done? Jesus did it; He always gave praise to His Father. How much more should we, who are not perfect, thank our Father? Who can say that this constant communion and thanksgiving is unnecessary? Jesus is the only one that could have… but Jesus knew God. He knew that God, His Father, is worthy of ALL praise. So, while He was on earth, He continually blessed the name of the LORD. In Scripture we are told that those who claim to be believers ought to live as Jesus lived. Holy living is not the challenge, it is the standard. We are called to live as He lived.
Our lives are to be lived as a thank offering. Be thankful for all that God has done. Do not take His love for granted; do not take His voice for granted. Hear Him & respond humbly with thanksgiving.


Remember, He did not HAVE to do anything He did. He chose to make a way for you to Him because He LOVES you. He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment