Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thomasville :)

HEY YOU'S!!

(Aussie lingo)


I arrived in Thomasville just yesterday! :) It is nice to be in a new town! The effects of jetlag are real. Don't let anyone tell you they are not. Today has been wonderful, things are finally coming back to normal!!

This summer I will be working at Thomasville Baptist Church as the youth intern. As I was running around taking care of things today, the LORD reminded me of what an honor it is to be working here. If any one is undeserving of such a position, it is me! But God's grace is more than sufficient... He has covered me with honor instead of shame!! :) I am thankful.

The youth here are amazing. They are all full of joy & being around them blesses me so much.

Something really neat happened a moment ago.... So, when I first got here... I saw this really neat journal & thought to myself, "wow, I want to find one of those" (you have to understand, I LOVE TO WRITE & always enjoy new journals)... well, God knew my thoughts... So today, as I was hanging out with the youth upstairs (just a few minutes ago) Rob, the youth minister that I am under, brought me a gift and said that it was something all of the interns get... GUESS WHAT IT WAS?? It was the journal that I wanted!!! How sweet is God? His love for me is overwhelming. Our God is concerned with the little things. He just is!

For all who are curious... This summer, I will be living with a young married couple... I am really glad to be living with the Scarboroughs. Brandi & Michael have made every effort to keep me in a place where I know that I am welcome. It is so nice! For me, family is something that I long for... It seems as though God is giving me a family (even if it is temporary, this is the moment that I am in... and in this moment, I have a family)... and a home! What a beautiful thing God is doing. There is so much to write... but, I need to get busy with other things..

Refresh starts tonight. It is a Disciple Now type event. The LORD will change lives & draw the students closer to His heart... I believe that.. Anyone who is able to partner in prayer... please do! God hears us. He is doing so much. He is in control. His will be done.

AHH! I LOVE YOU ALL! Enjoy your life :) Make the most of every opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is AWESOME BEJING! God is good. Anyway keep me updated with specific prayers needed and i will sure keep you in my prayers.thomasville Baptist ftw! Bless ya gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! God loves us soooo much...I'm happy He works in your life, it's really nice to read your posts and praise God for everything He IS and DOES!!!

    I'm sure you'll have a blessed time at the Baptist Church. God is unfolding His plan for your life! I'll pray for you with the greatest pleasure ^_^
    Shalom

    ReplyDelete