Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5th, 2010

Sunday June 5, 2011

“I have planted longing for perfection in every human heart.”
“Let me fulfill your yearning for perfection.”

Above are two quotes from my daily reading in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I am absolutely amazed. How awesome is our God?

For the last month, I have had a desire to be PROTECTED. I was able to experience a little bit of protection from a really strong and amazing man of God, and I wanted him to always be around to protect me. All women want protection; it must be apart of who we are. So, anyways… this morning when I woke up and spent some quality time with my King & Savior He impressed upon my heart to release myself from trying to be fulfilled in that area. Written in a sweet cursive hand above Proverbs 5 in my Bible were the words, “let go”. Even though it was clearly my hand-writing, I know that God had me write that intentionally for this moment. All I wanted to do was cry and thank Him for always directing me.

You’re probably wondering “what was the significance of those two quotes from Jesus Calling?”. Well, listen to how awesome God is. Instead of reading the word “perfection” I kept seeing “protection”. As Sarah Young wrote that we seek this perfection in other people, I was reading protection. Wow! It wasn’t until I went to write this blog that I noticed that the actual wording was perfection.

How cool? He allowed me to see the word protection so that I could learn the lesson that I needed to hear. He set me free! It was nothing the author or I did. It was all God. He spoke! You know, I really love His voice. He is always speaking & I never want to take His voice for granted.

Lately He has been showing me that if you spend a lot of time with people who take God’s voice for granted, or do not desire to hear Him continually, then you will be at risk of failing to hear Him. Because God is always speaking, He is making Himself known, and that is just His character. It is our choice whether or not to hear and obey His sweet, perfect, loving voice.

All I want is to hear Him. If that means letting go of someone else’s voice so that I can hear His, so be it!!! HIS VOICE, HIS WORD, IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL LAST FOREVER. He is my Love and He has the best in mind for me.

If it is protection or perfection that you are looking for, look to God! He is your protection! He is your perfection! No one else will ever be able to fulfill that role in your life. Trust Him. He is worthy to be trusted!

Oh Praise Him!! ☺




Then... what else is on my heart...


Proverbs 31:10-12

“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”


10. A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

-To be worth far more than rubies is the greatest compliment. Imagine if your husband saw you as a woman who was worth far more than rubies? What would it take to be considered at such a high esteem? In this verse we are told that a wife of noble character is worth far more than rubies.
-Distinguished by rank or title; pertaining to a persons so distinguished; admirable in dignity of conception, manner of expression, execution, or composition; of an admirably high quality. [These are all definitions of noble. In the Bible, it is clear that royalty and nobility went together. The one’s that were noble, were well known and admired by all. But, what set them apart? Was it really their social class? Was it their position of authority? Or was it their integrity? Their love for God set them apart and gave them the honorable title of NOBLE! When one decides to be consecrated, set apart, for the use and glory of God they are worthy of this title.]
-All throughout Proverbs 31, King Lemuel talks about the different characteristics of a wife of “noble” character. It is crucial as a wife, as a woman, to consider what he highlights as important qualities. His insight is beautiful and allows us, as woman, to see what it takes to be a woman who is highly desirable.
-It is only possible to be a wife of noble character if you are walking with the LORD and seeking His glory in all that you do.


11. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

-For a woman who is married, it is a joy to know that her husband has full confidence in her. This can be meaningful for a lot of things. For instance, don’t all women want their husbands to look at them and know that whatever they set their hearts to they can do? For them to look at you and believe that you are trustworthy? For them to look at you and know that he doesn’t have to watch your every move because he knows that you have heart for him and for him only?
-This is not only important for the wife; this is necessary for the husband. With confidence in his wife, a husband is a joy to be around. He knows that he can count on his wife. He knows that she took the vows seriously and that she is now one with him in all things. It is important that your husband has full confidence in you. If he does not, there are many problems to follow. Jealousy, cheating, fighting, lying, pride all creep in when one is not confident in his wife. As wives, we are to be strong and faithful to the one that God has given us. Our husbands will have confidence in us if we are walking with the LORD and seeking to please Him in all that we do.
-Do not flirt with other men.
-Never forsake complimenting him.
-Laugh at his jokes, he is funny after all.
-Your husband will only have complete confidence in you if you are walking with the LORD and seeking His glory in all that you do.


12. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

-What does it mean to bring your husband good all the days of your life? It means living a life of self-sacrifice. In order to avoid bringing your husband harm you have to die to your self.
-Submission is talked about all over the word. Women are called to be submissive in all things. Our husband is the head of the house; we are to respect his position of authority.
-This means, no talking about him with your girlfriends. It does matter how he acts, there is no need to humiliate him and fail to respect him by bringing up his faults in front of your friends. He is your husband. You would not want him to treat you this way.
-The golden rule applies in marriage… except now it’s extra golden. “Treat others the way you want to be treated”… “TREAT YOUR HUSBAND THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED AND EVEN GO BEYOND THAT!” Bless him in ways that he would not expect, because he is over you. He is the one that God has given you; He is a blessing.
-Always remember that your husband is a gift from God. Allow God to use you to bring good to him, always.
-For the women who are not married, this means learning to pray for your husband now. Ask God to reveal to you ways that you can be submissive to your husband before you say, “I do”. Remember, even though you are not married, you have a husband. He is out there. Now is the time to start bringing him good. Allow God to purify your thoughts towards other men. Remember, the thought is exposed before God (Hebrews 4: 13 says, “Nothing in all creation is hidden from Gods sight; everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account). So, take a look into your life. Are you always looking for at men with “what if” eyes? Do you flirt with the men that are in your life now? Think of how much harm this would bring your husband. He would not have any confidence in his relationship with you if you were constantly admiring other men. Now is the time to start bringing your husband good. When it is time to know him, he will come chasing after you. His pursuit will be very similar to Jesus pursuing you. Do not be afraid that your time will not come, do not give in to chasing him. It is Biblical for the man to seek the woman and pursue her. Honor your husband, before you ever meet him, by letting go of the control and waiting patiently for him to come and find you. Practice nobility now. May your relationships with men be glorifying to the Father. Treat older men as fathers and younger men as brothers.
-It is only possible to bring your husband good, not harm, all the days of your life if you are walking with the LORD and seeking His glory in all you do.

*If women decided to read, study, and make Proverbs 31 their instructions for living, I believe they would walk in great confidence and truly please the LORD with their actions

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome experience...thanks for sharing! I really love hearing His voice too. I'm so happy that I came upon your blog, because I really like it that you're strongly in love with God as I am...
    I like it very much, how you write about Proverbs 31...I always wished to have such parents when I was little and now that I have grown up I want to be such a noble woman (hihi)...Thank you for the advices for singles, I practice them and I believe that God is preparing something great for my life!

    ReplyDelete