Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jeremiah 17:5-8

.... HAHAHA! Wow! When I was in Australia, I met a good friend named Sheldon! She is an amazing woman of God & I am so grateful to be able to call her my sister. We were messaging back & forth and she told me that she also blogs for the band that she is in, Endless Praise (Check them out on facebook)! I immediately went to read (I enjoy reading truth). The second post had these verses....

'Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes..... But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him, he will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit'


CURSED IS THE ONE WHO TRUSTS IN MAN... BUT BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD!!! Haha! YES! How true? Well, it is the truth.

These verses bring so much encouragement. Just think, blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD. We are not asked to do a big thing or to perform some kind of miracle... or to walk perfectly.. or never fail... we are told that if we would only TRUST in the LORD then we will be blessed.... Putting any sort of hope in our own works will prove to be a failure (or as stated here, a curse)... Just being fair dinkum (honest)... If I ever put hope in my own strength, I fail miserably... and disappoint myself. But, the moment I put my hope in the LORD it is like I receive great blessings...

There is nothing that we can do, aside from Christ.

There is no real strength available, aside from Christ.

There is no one dependable, aside from Christ.

-I am not, in any way, saying that we should forget all relationships and become loners who refuse to establish relationships with other people because they are not dependable. I am saying, God is the only one that we can be dependent on. He is our only have-to-have. Everything and everyone else will fit in, they just cannot be first. God is asking that we place our trust in Him... and He is guaranteeing a blessing if we do!-

These verses even go as far as to say... that those who trust in the LORD will not fear when heat comes, leaves are always green, has no fear in a season of drought and never fails to bear good fruit :) WHAT?

Everyone who has been around me lately could say that I have been in a season of drought... but HALLELUJAH! This truth puts everything into perspective. I will not fear! I will place my trust in the LORD! I will not fail to bear good fruit... not because of who I am, but because of who He is! MY TRUST IS IN THE TRUSTWORTHY KING! Hallelujah.

So, think about it...

Trusting in your own strength will get you no where... (well, it will get you to a curse).... but trusting in the LORD will get you everywhere & you will receive a blessing! HAHAHA! God is so awesome. He just wants us to be with Him. He wants to commune with us! That is so sweet of Him.

When we do not trust in Him, it only brings a curse our way... (that is the wrath of God, I suppose)...

SO JOIN WITH ME IN TRUSTING THE DEPENDABLE GOD! Our Father is worth placing our trust in.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" -Proverbs 3:5&6


YAY :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome ^_^ That's right, God is awesome and trustworthy! I can always go to Him and trust Him with every thought I have and I know my life is secure with Him!!! What a great post...really!
    Btw. I watched some videos on YouTube from Endless Praise and...whew, they have awesome voices! Why can't I sing like that? :( I ask this question many times, but I think I won't know the answer. Anyway, I'm happy I have a 'normal' voice with which I can praise my God! That's what matters (hihi).
    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete