Saturday, May 28, 2011

Just resting...

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others." 1 Thessalonians 4:11 & 12

This morning, I asked the LORD to speak to me... I am always so eager to hear His voice... and this was the scripture that I found that really spoke to me. It seemed as though God was impressing upon my heart the importance of clinging to Him, to remember the importance of depending on God in all things.

I sent out a mass text encouraging my friends & family to read this passage because it is so powerful... one great friend & brother of mine sent back this "I will warn you to make sure you know the context of that scripture. Back then the Greeks only thought slaves should do manual labor. It was considered less than. The Thessalonians became lazy because they were expecting the return of Christ really soon. Paul was telling them to stop being lazy! And keep on with life. Paul is not telling you to be a loner and to not let people help you" Reading all of this blessed me so much. Hearing his knowledge of the Word created in me a desire to know the Word more and more. Obviously, my desire is to know the Word... I am studying theology. But, this desire is different. It is a passion to understand the circumstances of our people (from the past) and to know the struggles that they went through, simply so that we know how they overcame their struggles.

It is neat how God can remind me to be dependent on Him alone... for me to share a few verses with peeps and then to receive great wisdom and knowledge from the response of a friend.

I am so blessed to have friends that know God, that want to know Him, and that have a knowledge of the Word. It is my prayer that God continues to use the one's around me to draw me closer to His heart.

We all need to be dependent on God. We all need each other.

YES! So glad to be apart of God's family :)

Humility is key. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment